Saturday, February 7, 2009

IF YOU LET ME MAKE ME FAMOUS
IT'S A STRANGE SONG, I MUST ADMIT.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=94147120

Famous

If you let me make you famous
If you let me make you famous
I'll take you to my basement.
The secrets I will show to you
The world is mine to give to you.

If you let me make you famous.

If you let me make you famous
the world will hold you blameless
bullets will bounce off of you
all will love the little Jew
If you let me make you famous.


If you let me make you famous
Oh sacred heart of Jesus
They'll see your image everywhere
in mushroom clouds in the air

If you let me make you famous.
If I let you make me famous
Get behind me Satan
Oprah, Barbara Walters, too
Camera lights kiss-kiss, boo-hoo.


If I let you make me famous.

If I let you make me famous
How could you be so brainless
How I love this perfect life
Three kids, a dog and loving wife

If I let you make me famous.
If I let you make me famous.
If you let me make you famous.
(C) 2009 T. Paige


February 6, 2009 - Friday
here's my nifty solution to the problem



























February 5, 2009 - Thursday
SUSAN'S SONG

Was thinking of my sister, Susan Dalporto ..
who died March 31, 1990when I wrote this. It doesn't do her justice, of course...just the thought, she was the least critical of me and I'd like to still have her around to talk to her on one of these new fangled cell phones...unfortunately, heaven is still out of range...

Let It Rain

Sittin in the rain tryin to write a song
every little thing I try to write is wrong
Rain drops fallin on my window pane
could it be they're tellin me, 'okay'
everything's gonna be okay
let it rain down on melet it rain.
I wish there was a way to call you on the phone
if heaven had a gate
I'd put you on the throne
Rain drops fallin on my window pane
could it be they're tellin me, 'okay'
everything's gonna be okay
let it rain down on melet it rain.

Suzie she is gone
like a bird that's flown
Lord, I rue the dayI left her all alone
Rain drops fallin on my window pain
could it be you're tellin me, 'okay'
everything's gonna be okay
let it rain down on melet it rain.
(C) 2009 T. Paige..


February 5, 2009 - Thursday
GOT SO MANY HITS THE OTHER DAY
WONDERED WHYthought it might a been this songbein checked out byMASSEY'S SPIESSO HERE YOU ARE LADIES AND GENTS IN ITS ORIGINAL AND ENTIRETY DRUM ROLL PLEASE Massey's Farm I ain't gonna work on Massey's farm no moreI ain't gonna work on Massey's farm no moreHe hands you a nickel, he hands you a dimeHe asks you with a grin, if you're having a good timeThen he builds a silo near the kids next doorI ain't gonna work on Massey's farm no more.I ain't gonna work for Massey's Ma no moreI ain't gonna work for Massey's Ma no moreShe sits down at your table Sticks her fork in your eyeShe's always got her hand out, for a bigger piece of pieShe's the last to leave and the first to ask for moreI ain't gonna work for Massey's Ma no more.I ain't gonna be no Massey Friend no moreI ain't gonna be no Massey Friend no moreHe puts up a billboard says, "coal yesirree!I'm clean and I'm neutral!" and if you disagreeHe'll sue your ass just for sport.I ain't gonna be no Massey Friend no more.I ain't gonna work for Massey's mine no moreI ain't gonna work for Massey's mine no moreHe pollutes the water, he pollutes the streamsHe blows up the mountains and the American dreamA team of lawyers scrubs his floorI ain't gonna work for Massey's mine no more.(C)2009 T. Paige

February 4, 2009 - Wednesday
Protesting Massey is Fun!
I was still jacked up at bed time last night from the protest rally at Massey Coal's mine in Boone County, organized by Coal River Mountain Watch. Judy Bonds asked me to come and do a couple numbers of my own, so I wrote two...Massey's Farm, and Fire and Rain....which I sang along with many others. At the end we all sang Amazing Grace, the time honored/traditional words taking on new meaning in context of all the crap that is going on in the coal fields and our mountains. It was a Woody Guthrie moment for me...these are my people...they are my audience...they are who I write for, sing, protest, whatever...for...I felt blessed to be a part of it, and to be using my music in such a positive way for such a good cause...like the Lord was telling me...THIS is what I had in mind for your music...

February 1, 2009 - Sunday
Boy am I glad
I don't spend all my time on that 'other' place. I'm picking my nose right now and I just don't think that would go over too good from a prospective employer's point of view. Facebook etiquetteMany people have questions about "netiquette," or etiquette while social networking on the World Wide Web. Like every other hot topic, there are groups set up on the Facebook site where users can post suggestions for proper Facebooking.Here are a few of the postings by members of the group:
Online presence profiling, especially online social networking with Facebook, is becoming more common as schools and employers screen potential employees and scholarship recipients in yet one more category in their selection process. Proper etiquette is especially important for teenagers and students who are often too casual in their online social networking, with emphasis on Facebook as a dominant player in the market.
Avoid negativity, especially with feelings and anything about other people.
No swearing.
Learn to say no to invitations ("Friends," "Applications," "Groups," certain events not good to publicize).
Only have "Friends" you've met in person, and purge your list a few times a year as friendships fade.
Have people in front of whom you need to behave among your Facebook friends as "designated monitors."
Do not list personal contact information (address, phone number, birth year, specific job locations like store).
Don't update your status more than a few times a day, avoiding statuses directed at one or few people.
Defend your "Wall" by deleting inappropriate comments or counter with reply if you don't want to delete.
Minimize tagging to let people tag themselves in photos, and don't tag anyone in unflattering ways. Keep tagged photos of yourself under 200; "untag" the less flattering and inappropriate ones.
Be selective where you comment, expecting it to be public, and what you comment for proper manners.
Control privacy setting each time you post something, sharing "Only with Friends" most of the time.
Check details of "Groups" and "Fan Pages" before you join, especially for authenticity.
Don't start, join or invite others to groups or pages with news or names withheld by media or law, until after release.
Occasionally, ask someone for an honest impression they get from your profile and fix it till you're happy.
If you do "inappropriate" things on Facebook, come back and delete them later to minimize visibility and damage. Don't get caught up in other people's inappropriate behavior.
Treat your Facebook profile and activity like an informal résumé or media image of yourself, because it is. Reach Sara Busse at

January 31, 2009 - Saturday

Short poem, writ large

I am many things
but you can call me
The Mirror.


11:34 PM
January 31, 2009 - Saturday
HE
IS A FINE PSYCHOLOGICAL SPECIEMEN...
HOW COME YOU NEVER HEAR THAT?

No comments: